Nominations for the 2018 Awards were open up to July 5, 2018.
The judging review period is from July 6, 2018 to July 14, 2018. No communication is allowed with our judges during this period. Finalists will be announced on July 15, 2018; Winners will be announced at the Awards Gala during the ScooNews Global Educators Fest 2018.
Finalists and winners in the 2018 ScooNews Global Education Awards will be chosen based on the following key criteria:
Section 1: Background and contribution to the advancement of learning & education / technological innovation / new knowledge generated:
- The inputs to this contribution.
- The research/development process.
Section 2: Outputs – What has been done with this contribution :
- The outputs
- The practical application/implementation/impact and commercial or socio-economic impact.
- Relevance to education and K-12 stakeholders and resultant contribution to the advancement of learning.
- Publications (if applicable).
- Promotion of public understanding of education, learning, teaching and other aspects of the education ecosystem.
Section 3: Students, Education and development of human capital, Sustainability and Recognition
- Impact on students, staff & other stakeholders and promotion of education in this field as a contribution to the public understanding of the school ecosystem.
- Social and economic sustainability
- National and international recognition
Criteria for people and organization-oriented awards are generally based on evidence of leadership and trendsetting. Selections are left to the discretion of our judges.